Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PC] Media Player Question. (Video Files)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PC] Media Player Question. (Video Files)

I've got some Video Clips from my digital camera downloaded onto the pc (nothing exciting, mainly the dogs running around ). However they won't play back in Windows Media Player. I get sound but no video.

In properties the type of file is "Video Clip". WMP has no problems with Movie Files (MPEG) but doesn't want to view these.

Anyone know a downloadable media player that will be able to view these files?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice

What version of WMP you running? Likely you don't have the codecs needed to view the files properly (a common symptom of getting sound but not picture). Look to updates...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
      What version of WMP you running? Likely you don't have the codecs needed to view the files properly (a common symptom of getting sound but not picture). Look to updates...
      Thanks for the reply

Not sure what version. I've newly installed Windows XP so whatever comes with that.

I think it tried to update automatically but came up with no solution (?)

Comment

You need to find out what format these movies are saved in.
        Surely the camera has some help/docs on this subject?

When you find out, get the codec (from the manufacturers site probably).
        You could always give Quicktime a try too.

Comment

i had a similar problem downloading soul calibur 2 videos, load windows media click help then check for player updates. Then download wmp version 9 they should play fine then ......... this worked for me

Comment

Working...
          X