Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn Switchless mod on games x

Hi there

Has anyone completed this mod that is on the games x page using the chip out of a 3 button md controller,I have soldered all wires to the chip,all I need to do is to know what jumpers I solder to as the instructions on the page are bit hazy.If anyone has done the mod and knows,please help me out,maybe you can help too Saurian,being the mod king

I have done quite a few of them -

There are loads of Saturn revisions and those intructions they give are not enough. The jumpers you need for this mod (they have only included USA/JPN mode in this mod) are 6/7 and 10/11.

The jumpers are in pairs, you need to remove the trace or resistor linking the 2 jumper pairs mentioned. To remove the trace if there is one just use a sharp modelling knife or similar to cut across it.

Once you have the jumpers isolated, use a multimeter set to ohms to test which points are which. Each jumper set consists of 2 common points which are linked, a 5v point and a 0v point. To find them put one probe of your meter on the 5v point the PSU connects to (the point will be labelled on the PSU and is usually the 2nd point down) and test each point. I set my meter to 2000 and get a reading of 002 for the 5v point of the jumpers, around 450 for the 0v point and no reading for the common points. Once all is identified check that you get a 002 reading when you connect each probe to the 2 common points (just to make sure they are correctly identified).

You can take the 5v and 0v from the jumper set, make sure they are isolated from the common points and you're in business.

The thing about this mod is that you have to reset the machine to apply the region setting - but resetting the machine also toggles the region assignment so it takes a couple attempts to boot games usually.

Comment

Working...
    X