Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saitek X45 fully compatible to the Hori Flight Stick 2 (Ace Combat 5 bundle)???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saitek X45 fully compatible to the Hori Flight Stick 2 (Ace Combat 5 bundle)???

since both the Hori Flight Stick 2 and the Ace Combat 5 Flight Stick bundle seem to be sold out i thought of purchasing the Saitek X45 which is supposed to be technically identical to the Flight Stick 2 and should connect without problems via USB.

could it really work? or has anybody had the same idea and alreday tested the Saitek X45 with Ace Combat on the PlayStation 2?
    Attached Files

I'm interested in this too Uli, if no one replies and you end up buying it - post your experiences.

Comment

Certainly the Flight Stick 2 is just a re-using of another design - it has a mode select switch and corresponding LED to allow you to choose between 3 button configurations, but only one is actually used by AC5. So I am 90% positive this is just the same stick.

Comment

I had the X45 stick for the PC and it?s a pain in the ass to configure properly (using Win98SE).
        It certainly wasn?t what I would call "Plug ?n Play".

Unfortunately, I never tested the stick on the PS2 (before I sold it again).

Comment

thanks to you all for the feedback!

i think i'm gonna give this a try and test it out. will leave feedback as soon as i get my hands on the X45.

Comment

There is also already the successor to the X45 Hotas, the X52, available.
            If you want a serious flight sim I suggest you try Falcon 4.0 for the PC plus "user add-ons" (for download).
            Alternatively there is also Lock-On for the PC, but it requires a much better PC to run properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Balou
              There is also already the successor to the X45 Hotas, the X52, available.
              If you want a serious flight sim I suggest you try Falcon 4.0 for the PC plus "user add-ons" (for download).
              Alternatively there is also Lock-On for the PC, but it requires a much better PC to run properly.

thanks for the info, Balou! however, since my PC is technically outdated (Pentium 200, 128 MB RAM, 32 MB Riva TNT 2, 16 GB HD) i have to pass on this, sadly. i played Falcon on my Atari ST many years ago - in fact so many that i can't remember how many - and enjoyed it very much! but i hope Namco will take a more Sim-like approach on the AC series with one of the Next-Gen installments.

Comment

I hope they don't! That's like asking for Ridge Racer to be made into a sim... if they make a sim it should be a new franchise, not under the name Ace Combat.

Comment

Hey Uli, your computer is even worse than mine!
                  I thought I had a pretty weak machine with PIII 650 Mhz (upgraded half a year ago from 500 Mhz ) ...
                  Did you already check if your mainboard is capable of hosting a better CPU?
                  You can find old CPUs very cheap these days, as well as old graphic cards ...

However for Falcon 4.0 you need at least 500 Mhz.
                  It didn?t run very well on my computer before I "upgraded". (that was with 500 Mhz and 256 MB Ram)

I don?t think flight sims like Falcon 4.0 will ever be released on consoles.
                  Those sims are so time consuming you can just spend an half an hour preparing your aircraft for takeoff.
                  If you want to fire off a missile you need to read at least 20 pages in the manual before anything happens - and that?s part of the fun too.
                  But on consoles I don?t think there is a market for this kind of thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X