region free dvd on laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

region free dvd on laptop

is there an app to unlock my dvd drive to make it multi region?
    I`ve seen some firmware hacks but dont want to muck about with that.
    Any help would be great.
    Cheers

The problem appears to be that the lock is in your firmware. So making it multi-region without altering that firmware is, by definition, impossible.

Sorry.

Comment

poo thx

Comment

Go here:

If there isn't a patched firmware for download there - then you're most probably buggered. You can buy software which makes your laptop region free - but that obviously costs money.

Comment

There's a program called something like DVDregion Free which circumvents RPC-2 (iirc) hardware regional encoding. I used it on a drive which had the usual 5 changes allowed, and farting about with the region had no effect on the number of choices, which remained at 5.

It was on version 5.x last time I checked.

Comment

found one called DVD43 it seems to work ok

Comment

There is a lock in the firmware, a lock in the OS and a lock in your player software.

Get DVD Region Free. It's a small app that circumvents the lot.
              If you can hack your firmware then DVD Region Killer is more useful.

Comment

Be careful though - I went through a lot of pain trying to free my panasonic drive. Sometimes it simply denied it's own existance, which no amount of driver reinstalling could help.

Comment

Which is why most peeps recommend Pioneers. Not really saying they're any better but the region free flash is easy and works well.

Comment

Easily the best drive unlocking software (without reflashing your firmware) is Slysoft's AnyDVD software. It removes region encryption, CSS protection, Macromvision, operation locks and lets you put all kinds of settings and locks on yourself. It also removes the copy protection on protected audio CDs.

It's teh daddy .

Comment

Working...
                    X