Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 swirly start-up screen thing

Yo

Normally when you turn your PS2 with no disc in, you get the little orb things spinning about, right? Well mine seems to have stopped doing that. Instead, I just get an inanimate blob on the screen. The little light still flies off if I click on "Browser", but otherwise it's got as much life as a dinosaur.

Does this mean anything?

Same as mine ^^

Comment

you may need to reset the clock/date settings to get them moving again.

Comment

The more saves you have on your memory card, the more white crystals/bars you will see in the background. Have you deleted a load of saves perhaps?

Comment

Nah, I know what you mean - those blocks when it's booting up? It's not those that are missing it's the little light things that rotate when you're on the Browser/ Configuration screen.

I'll try fiddling with the time settings later.

Ta!

Comment

its the time/settings u need to set the time if you've unplugged it recently

Comment

Yeah...and whats up with the textures option you get, NORMAL or SMOOTH?

Comment

when the ps2 was first announced didnt they mention something about the boot screen being dynamic and would change over time?

Comment

Originally posted by Canton Province
                  Yeah...and whats up with the textures option you get, NORMAL or SMOOTH?
                  Isn't that to turn off/on bilinear filtering or something in PSX games?

Comment

Working...
                  X