Tronix Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronix Help

Please could someone answer my questions.

#. How much do they charge for shipping or is it free once purchased something. I'm thinking mainly for DS Games.

#. Are they very reliable.

#. And how long do deliveries take roughly using standard post.

Thanks .

Tronix

1. Standard global priority mail is $10 per envelope which holds about 2 dvd-size cases.

2. They are superbly reliable

3. Usually about 4 days. Wouldn't bother with couriers tbh.

Comment

Postage by Global Priority letter is $10. It takes no more than 5 days in my experience. The letter can hold two GBA games, 4 DVD games (DS, Cube, PS2) or a combination.
      A box can be used instead but this is more expensive. Best to add to cart, and look at the checkout as it updates postage costs before you commit to buy.

As for the company they're faultless. They're my 1st port of call for two years and have always been very fast and helpfull. They are also import tax friendly if you ask.

Comment

What are the chances of getting hit by customs using the $10 shipping option?

I'm thinking of ordering from them myself and I'm wondering if I will get hit with import charges, since their prices seem very reasonable.

edit: having just read abit more of their site I think I might pass on that shipping option. If the package gets lost(however small that possibility is) then they can't do anything about it.
        Last edited by Zapp$ter; 15-02-2005, 10:24.

Comment

If its only for one game, use the $13 Fedex option - with you in two days, no tax!

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter
            If the package gets lost(however small that possibility is) then they can't do anything about it.
            Never had anything go missing using their $10 standard post option, and I have probably had at least one shipment a month from them for years. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter
              What are the chances of getting hit by customs using the $10 shipping option?

I'm thinking of ordering from them myself and I'm wondering if I will get hit with import charges, since their prices seem very reasonable.

edit: having just read abit more of their site I think I might pass on that shipping option. If the package gets lost(however small that possibility is) then they can't do anything about it.
              Tronix get a big thumbs up from me too. Never been taxed on anything from them - and I've bought a fair bit over the years. In fact Katamari Damacy and Phantom Brave arrived this morning, free of customs charges as usual since they marked the parcel as 'Promo CD' without me asking 'cos they're good like that. All for $10 shipping too.

I think you're reading too much into things going missing - never happened to me or others I know who regularly use them.

Comment

i've always ordered from them using the $10 postage and never got stung for tax and have arrived in around 4 days

Comment

Originally posted by segages

I think you're reading too much into things going missing - never happened to me or others I know who regularly use them.
                  That's just the kind of person I am. Always planning for the worst case scenarios

Comment

The only reason I stopped using Tronix was because they don't do PayPal. If they ever start the scheme I'll use them again, bless their ass.

Comment

Their newish $13 Fedex deal is well worth using for single items. You will get hit for tax if you order more than one game, but for single orders I've not had a charge. Great for new releases as you'll be pretty much certain of getting them before the weekend (quite often by the Thursday, in fact).

I've had at least 50 orders from them over the years and never had a problem. The one thing that did get lost in the post was replaced without fuss, despite what the site may say. Best online company I've ever dealt with.

Comment

I'm thinking of buying Star Fox Assault from them, but I don't know what best to use, global priority or Fedex. My main concern is to avoid the tax really. I'm only ordering one game, but I've read that the chances of being taxed are greatly reduced when using global priority, though the disadvantages are that there is no tracking number and longer delivery time. Any advice?

Comment

you wont get taxed, as all the other people in the thread have said.

Use Fedex if you want to get it extra quick... you wont get taxed.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoseOfTheUnlight
                            you wont get taxed, as all the other people in the thread have said.

Use Fedex if you want to get it extra quick... you wont get taxed.
                            Cool. And should I ask them to mark my package down, or label it as promotional CD or something. And should I mention NTSC-UK as a referral?

Comment

Yes, ask them to mark down the value of the package.

Comment

Working...
                              X