Korean PS2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Korean PS2?

So a Korean PS2 plays all NTSC-J games and Region 3 DVDs and has the same voltage as Europe. What is the plug like (UK or Euro) and is there something else I should know about one compared to a Japanese PS2?

Also..... is there still some store selling Sakura PS2s?

Play-Asia says: 240V Power cord

Is that close enough or is a step-down required?

Also, it would be great if somebody would tell me what the power plug is like in Korea so I'll know if I'll need to get an adapter.

Comment

Why would you need a converter? Just use a standard figure 8 mains cable:
      Last edited by Saurian; 01-02-2005, 11:30.

Comment

I have an Asian slimline PS2 (from Yes-Asia). Not sure if it the same as a Korean one, but it plays Region 3 DVD's (Asian). The power lead has a UK plug on it and comes with an adaptor for the Asian (I presume) sockets.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
          Why would you need a converter? Just use a standard figure 8 mains cable:
          Because I think the local power is 220V or 230V (I'm in Finland) and 240V is slightly more. But I take it since nobody has come around with a warning that it will be perfectly fine without a step down.

And yes, I don't know why I didn't think of replacing the entire standard cord.

Comment

Whether you supply 220v or 240v will make absolutely no difference that's why you got no warning.

Comment

I'm pretty sure voltages work +/- 10% of their stated figure, so 220 is fine for our 240v

Comment

Korea uses 220VAC with two round prongs.
                for UK you will need the adapter to convert these to two fat flat prongs...

for using 220VAC unit on 240VAC I now have custom built 240-220VC converter. Was cheap to custom build when I was visiting Korea.

Comment

If I still might ask a basic question about electricity....

I was looking at this page: WORLD ELECTRIC GUIDE

Does frequency matter? Seems that the 110V countries are usually 60Hz and so require a step down anyway, but what if a country is 230V and 60Hz? (ok, it's just Korea and a few other countries)

Comment

Korea used to be 110VAC with 60Hz but the gov decided to go for 220VAC reckon that will save some moeny in long run or something...

Comment

Working...
                    X