PAL N64 60Hz Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL N64 60Hz Question

Just a quick question... you may be aware the PAL N64 does not support RGB even through modification.

With that in mind, if an NTSC game was played on a PAL machine (using some sort of adaptor), would it work in 60Hz?

Bearing in mind no RGB, would an A/V cable be sufficient?
    Last edited by sj33; 06-02-2005, 16:53.

50hz, get an NTSC machine.

Comment

No you are wrong NTSC games play in 60Hz when you use a Passport Plus converter. I have tried Bangioh, Sin and Punishment as well as Paper Mario and all were the same.

However, I do suggest you get a NTSC machine as you will not need to rely on a converter.

Oh, yeah A/V or S-video cable is fine as long as your monitor likes NTSC.

Luke

Comment

Well I don't really care enough about the N64 to bother to get an NTSC machine (that's why I'm not too bothered about getting an RGB-Modded machine, either), but 60Hz is kinda a must.

Comment

60hz isn't exclusive to RGB mate remember the dc it put 60hz signals through a poxy rf lead.

as long as your telly can handle the av 60hz ntsc signal your laughing.

n64 has very fuzzy textures so rgb isnt that important(colours are nicer though).

Comment

Hmm, here's me thinking it was hard-wired to produce a 50hz signal. I have both kinds of system and S&P is slower. Same for F-Zero X. Maybe it is just those games.

Same solution though, get a NTSC system ffs. They're cheap as chips. And an RGB signal WILL improve the overall fuzzyness as it removes the colour bleed present in compo-****e.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
              Same solution though, get a NTSC system ffs. They're cheap as chips. And an RGB signal WILL improve the overall fuzzyness as it removes the colour bleed present in compo-****e.
              S-video ain't too bad though, if still a little murky compared to RGB. Used to play on my PAL N64 through a S-video lead and the fog/fuzz is noticeably less dense.

Comment

Working...
              X