PSP movies and a Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP movies and a Mac

Just got my PSP and am trying to work out how to compress a movie. Seen the thread by Neil,but does it make a difference that im on a Mac?

(basically just need a Mac/PSP owning person to hold my hand and show me the light)

Thanks
    Nick

I don't use a Mac, but hope this helps...

- http://homepage.mac.com/major4/

or

- http://www.kaisakura.com/

Good luck..!

Comment

Wow,thats exactly what i needed.
      Cheers pal
      Nick

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

I'm using those two programs, and for DVDs with subtitles I'm using OSEx to make them into one big VOB file, and then Altshiiva to encode the subtitles into the movie.

Comment

iPSP looks promising but couldnt get it to work.Seemed like it had no interface.
            Anyone had any luck with it?

Comment

Look on the right side of the menu bar.

Comment

Originally posted by The Guppy
                I'm using those two programs, and for DVDs with subtitles I'm using OSEx to make them into one big VOB file, and then Altshiiva to encode the subtitles into the movie.
                Using these to encode/convert R2 DVDs, and the results are very good. However R1 DVDs are another matter. Lost Boys SE R1 worked fine, but Kil Bill Vol 1 and Fast and the Furious R1 both had serious issues.. Green Pixelation covering the screen in Fast, and KB1 just froze up.

I am on a iBook G4 btw.

Any ideas why some R1 DVDs don't work? Oh and do you know how to turn off Apple DVD player fro auto booting? It keeps trying to eject R1 discs because the drive is set to R2. However R1 Lostboys was fine! Weird.

Thanks.

EDIT: Handy site: http://pspguide.blogspot.com/2004/12...sp-on-mac.html
                Last edited by dc-arena; 08-03-2005, 23:40.

Comment

Since we are talking Macs; do the above decoders give full width PSP viewing? and how big are the filesizes?

I know this latter one got answered on the PC PSP encoding thread, but wondered if the files are bigger/smaller for the Mac. The american release date approaches... (!)

Comment

dc-arena,its in System Preferences.

Go to -Hardware/CD's & dvd's/when you insert a dvd---set this to ignore.

(hope thats what you meant-tis bloody annoying!)

Comment

Cheers Paveynick, nice one!

Zed, I ripped the first chapter of Finding Nemo, which was in .VOD format, and that went to 180mb. I then ripped it and it dropped down to 40mb in .MP4 format. That was with default settings in the above Macintosh app.

Comment

Working...
                      X