TFT Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFT Recommendations

Has anyone got any experience with the above TFT Monitor? I've been thinking of treating myself for a while but don't know what to get...

All I know is it needs to be at least 17", have both DVI and VGA inputs.

Are there other models worth looking at?

Personally I like this one - http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?acti...3&GrpID=4&s=pl - Im quite tempted to buy it actually.

Comment

If gaming is a concern, ensure the screen has a low response time (Samsung uber tft I've been looking at has a response of 15ms).

And my personal opinion - a TFT used without a DVI connection is about as useful as wiper blades on a submarine.

Comment

Marcus,

yes... that's a nice one too, cheaper also!

SuperStu,

Gaming *is* a concern but I was unsure what kind of refresh times to look forr. Thanks for that.

Also, re: DVI being essential for TFTs... I concur. I made sure my GF4 has the necessary output.

I've already got a cheap and cheerful 15" TFT for another machine but I've been thinking I need more deskspace and my current 21" Sony Trinitron CRT would make a great dedicated monitor for DC and GC gaming. (currently using a crappy philips 17" for that )

Comment

Bruvs,

I cant remember the model number exactly, it had an X in it. My mate had bought it after reading rave reviews, the make was Sony and it was 18".

Thats all I can say mate

Comment

If you're into gaming on PC, especially FPS, I really wouldn't bother with a TFT.

You're going to have to spend a hell of a lot of money to get one with a high resolution display, little to no ghosting or blurring, decent levels of contrast and proper display of black or dark areas. Even then, am I right in thinking they all have a native resolution which you'll have to run everything in to get a decent picture?

Then theres the fact that the refresh rate and response time are still going to be inferior to even mid range CRTs. DVI input will provide a brighter/sharper picture for windows, graphics editing or general 2D stuff but IMO having the option of all resolutions being displayed perfectly at high refresh rates and non existant ghosting are all much more important. I'd resist a sexy looking TFT and get a decent sized quality CRT for half the price.

Comment

Working...
            X