PStwo chipping and hook to monitor Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PStwo chipping and hook to monitor Q

Was wondering if the new slimline PSTwo can now be chipped to play all sorts of imports? If yes bout how much it going for???

Also, having done my own research on hooking a ps2 to a monitor, would i be right to assume my best option is to buy an upscan converter? (dont have any PS ps2 games on my want to play list)

The new slimline pstwo can be chipped yes! I think you will need the DMS 4 mod chip, which can only be purchased from outside the UK, and youll also have to fit it yourself, as noone will touch ps2's since chipping was made illegal

As for the monitor thing, maybee someonee else can answer your question

Comment

chipping the slimline PSTwo is possible. Though it is indeed illegal to do it. There are a few shops over here in the Netherlands that do it still. Though they charge 150 Euro's for the chip & chipping procedure. Anyway, they use the Matrix Infinity chip to mod the PSTwo slimline model.

As for the monitor. I intended to hook up my PS2 to a monitor as well I ended up with a VGAbox called "XGA-box". The quality of that thing is horrific! Also with all those VGABoxes there is a huge problem with import games. If your console is a natively PAL Console it will only display PAL games in colour. NTSC remains in Black & White. Only if you have natively NTSC console will games played through a VGABox be displayed in full colour (though then PAL will be in B&W).

So what ever you do avoid those VGABoxes!!! hope this helps you in anyway.

Comment

ooh, thanks guys!

Comment

if you only want to play import commercial releases as well as PAL release on of those PS2Test unit will come in handy. It display the native format of any given PS2 titles so US/JP PS2 titles will output in NTSC whereas Europe release will be in PAL format...

how to get one I don't know but I do know after A****** collapse there are a lot of debug/test units out there...

Comment

Working...
          X