Connecting a Megadrive to a Commodore 1084s monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The mmmonkey explanation is correct ,my non tmss jap is the same .So try what he did and you should be good to go

Comment

Will show you how to easily wire it up !

Comment

Here's a few videos of my 1084 and 2 ways of how on this model,you can easily fix the syncing problems .

Last edited by dosucol; 04-03-2011, 14:39.

Comment

Will that work on my monitor though mate? Mine is a different model, has a male 9 pin socket on the back rather than female, too

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
              Will that work on my monitor though mate? Mine is a different model, has a male 9 pin socket on the back rather than female, too
              No,but it has a part showing the lm1881 sync stripper circuit in action,that is what you need on your model or any model that needs a composite sync signal,when using our consoles (UK/jap md sms ps2)which only output composite video with the rgb!

Build it and it will work .
              Last edited by dosucol; 04-03-2011, 17:48.

Comment

I think i have enough parts to build the cable with the sync stripper.

I have the manual from http://gona.atw.hu/Commodore/monitor...el_number.html

So it would just cost you p&p?
                Last edited by dosucol; 04-03-2011, 16:26.

Comment

This is the finished circuit.It has the mega drive 8 pin din going to the lm1881n sync stripper and out to the female db/de9 socket.

Last edited by dosucol; 06-03-2011, 13:08.

Comment

Mad skills! Thanks man, replied to your PM!

Comment

The lead arrived today and as you can see it's done the job brilliantly! I can now play Mega Drive games on this monitor, something I've been wanting to do since 1991! Massive thanks to dosucol!

Comment

There's a vertical height adjustment screw on the back right of your monitor ,to get that image more correct.You really need to use a non metalic tool to adjust it though,static/electric hazard

Good gear ,shame about the audio though,or lack of .But we were only seeing if the lead would work first.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't touch the vertical height on the back, just wanted to check it worked

Lack of audio isn't a problem with consoles like the mega drive and neo geo as they have headphone outputs anyway. But audio would be good for the mk2 lead

Thanks again for your help mate, you are the master at this!

Comment

What you really need is one of these

As both the md 1 and aes only output mono(left )audio from the connector on the back of the console .So you'd be missing out not having stereo sound .so, with the md and aes having stereo output from the headphone socket ,just get one of those cheap cables from maplins or the pound shop and plug that into the back of your 1084. You'll only need this cable just for the md and aes .

Comment

Thanks for the payment D .I went and bought myself samurai showdown ,for my neo geo mvs .

Comment

I've got loads of those 3.5mm to phono leads lying around, so no bother there. Shame the SNES and MVS don't have audio jacks though. Would you be able to put audio though the lead for that?

You have an MVS mate? I've got a game I'm going to send you as a wee thank you for all your help

Btw, posted the leads to you today, you should get them tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X