Price of PSP in Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price of PSP in Japan

I've got a friend who is off to Japan next week and has asked if i want anything picked up. Obviously a PSP came to mind, however i just wanted to know, what the price of a PSP is in Japan, is it the same as that of Lik Sang and Play Asia?

Originally posted by Crossed fingers
    I've got a friend who is off to Japan next week and has asked if i want anything picked up. Obviously a PSP came to mind, however i just wanted to know, what the price of a PSP is in Japan, is it the same as that of Lik Sang and Play Asia?
    Its about ?100 if you can get one retail price.

Comment

Its about ?105 all in for the Standard pack.

Comment

The dead pixels are free.

Comment

Cheers for the info!

Comment

Good luck is all I can say.

My mate wandered fruitlessly around Tokyo for about 4 hours trying to find a PSP (& he was with a local!). Therewere none to be had. A f**king shocker from Sony is all I can say.

It was 2 weeks ago so perhaps some more have hit stores.

I'm going to have to wait for the US launch unfortunately

Hopefully Sony US have sorted out their act.......

Comment

Ah, my friend used to live in Osaka and is going there -would that be an advantage or disadvantage? Maybe all those Crooks i read about in Edge bought them all.

Comment

Although Osaka is one of the major cities, it should be easier to pick one up there instead of Tokyo. If not, ask your friend to check out the lesser known areas for you. I find it hard to believe all PSPs are still being bought for resale elsewhere.

Comment

I suspect (hope!) the vast majority of units are going to the US for the launch there.

The famitsu bloke in Edge mentions that PSP's are pretty rare on the streets of Tokyo at the moment! They (Sony) really dropped the ball (again) in this regard. Just how many mistakes can this current managment team make? I guess we'll have to wait for the US launch to see if they've learnt from their mistakes!

Comment

Wouldn't the production lines be different. I serverly doubt an Asian ( i think) company such as Sony would cut production from Japan for the U.S. I just don't think that would happen. If the U.S was their priority they would have released the PSP there first.

Comment

I think the Chinese PSP production plants should be up and running by the time the US launch comes about. Hence, they should have enough available.

Comment

That's really odd that you can't seem to get the anywhere in Tokyo. Where I lived until about a week ago (Gifu) there were loads available and you could walk into pretty much any games store and get one. In early January they were as rare as hen's teeth, but in early February loads were being shipped to the stores.
                        Last edited by cHawKso; 20-02-2005, 06:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl
                          Good luck is all I can say.

My mate wandered fruitlessly around Tokyo for about 4 hours trying to find a PSP (& he was with a local!). Therewere none to be had. A f**king shocker from Sony is all I can say.

It was 2 weeks ago so perhaps some more have hit stores.

I'm going to have to wait for the US launch unfortunately

Hopefully Sony US have sorted out their act.......
                          Came across lots in Hong Kong last month!

Picked up 2 myself

Comment

My mates just been on MSN from Bangkok and says they have PSP value packs with a game for ?130 and the new colour DS's for ?55.

Asked him to get me one of each and he's gonna get a DS for himself. What games JAP PSP games do people recommend for the non jap speakers like myself. I have told him to get me lumines ideally.

Comment

Yep, Lumines is a good choice, along with Ridge Racers as those are the most import-friendly titles out in Japan at the moment if I'm not wrong.

MoFo2

Comment

Working...
                              X