Lightguns and LCD TVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightguns and LCD TVs

I'm thinking of buying a 20" LCD monitor/TV to connect to my mini Mac, PS2, Cube and DC. Will lightguns work OK with it? I ask as I know that plasma screens have an issue with them.

Or will I be OK as long as it does refresh at 100Hz?

Cheers in advance bitches :P

No it won't work, they are progressive displays so the gun wont sync with it.
    There is a gun for lcds though have a search on the forum.

Comment

Damn! Yeah, christ, I'll have to get one of those naff looking red and black ones Neil's got .

Cheers for the reply mate.

Comment

pacman its not that great tbh.

Comment

there's a new type of light gun released on the market that uses a small camera to detect your gun movement rather than the gun tracking the beam on CRT tube... so it will work on virtually any screen device...

however, being new technology it's not perfect and you may want to wait till they sort out the issues...

there's a review on avsforum.com forum I think...

Comment

Slightly OT Pacman, but you might want to see the LCD TV in action before buying. I was after one for a similar setup to yours but couldn't find one with a Response Time of sub 20 ms.

I'm the last person you should ask about all this PC tech malarky, but from what I've read anything over 20MS suffers from being able to see the "trail" of what's on screen. If you do find a reasonably priced TV with the low ms then LMK.

Comment

So for classic light guns for like NES, SNES etc. you have to have a 50hz. CRT tv or else it won't work?
              No 100hz. crt tv's, no plasma tv's, no lcd tv's?
              Do they work on beamers and/or projection tv's?

Comment

Working...
              X