Anyone seen/own one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone seen/own one of these?

Its an MVS 4 slot home machine ready to plug into a tv and away you go, pretty sweet really.

Anyway anyone know someone that could build one of these?

I am basically after a Supergun/MVS all in one unit so I can play NeoGeo and Jamma games on my tv.

I have built one of these before, but you are better to use a 1 slot because they have the joystick ports on the board and stereo output as well, and go for about ?30.

all you need is a arcade psu (around ?15)
    a scart to scart fully wired (around ?5) you cut one end off and wire it to a jamma connector, saves time rather than soldering each wire to a scart plug
    jamma connector (around a fiver)
    and a couple of AES sticks (between ?30 and ?60)
    you may want to put it all in a plastic hobby box too, which will cost you about ?15 for that size.

this is a great way to get into soldering and doing stuff as you are not actually soldering onto any pcbs so you cant reallly do any damage.

at most you may melt the jamma connector and have to spend another fiver

oh and if you want, you can buy a couple of female 15pin sockets and add them to the jamma connector too, so you can plug the aes sticks in and then play any jamma board.

I am going to build another one soon as I have an AES stick sitting upstairs doing nothing and I sold the one I built, but it is finding the time.

Comment

Sounds cool, any suggestions where I can get the parts from? There is another MVS 1 slot on ebay now.

Comment

Take note there is a MVS 1-slot and a MVS 1-slot Mini, the mini version is about the size of an A4 piece of paper and doesn't have a memory card slot or stereo sound built in. (Stereo sound is available from the EXT connector where you get button D from.)

Comment

Thanks for that I managed to get an old style 1 slot.

Comment

Working...
          X