Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gc copies on Ebay

Have they manged to copy GC games now?
    I was having a look for GC stuff and came across this.
    Notice the way they are all listed separately from the Rogue Leader game,'on mini DV'.

Naughty naughty boy.

mini DVD meaning 8cm disc not the normal music sized CD, put "viper chip" into google to read all about the newish GC chip. Oops see what you mean about the disc copying now, ISO's of Cube games have been around for a while and you can buy the small 8cm discs but the're fairly pricey compared to normal discs.

Comment

I thought like 10 people in the world had chipped their gamecube, then 2 people at work told me theirs was!

Comment

Does this 'Viper Chip' allow PAL machines to boot NTSC games without the need for freeloader then?

Comment

I believe so

Comment

I was looking into getting one, but I don't know how it handles the memory card saves, I'd still want to use my current jpn saves that I have on a jpn formatted memory card.

Comment

Hmmm, does anyone know who mods these? Prices for chip/installation etc? I'll have to give Londonconsoles a bell me thinks!

Comment

Originally posted by bash
                Hmmm, does anyone know who mods these? Prices for chip/installation etc? I'll have to give Londonconsoles a bell me thinks!
                Thanks for the vote of confidence but... not having anything to do with these

Freeloader is very cheap, and a JPN or USA GC costs nothing these days anyway - all the Viper etc is good for is blatant piracy

Nintendo Europe went all out against a legitimate retailer, CEX, just for selling imports...so I'd reckon that anyone selling Vipers or modding GCs with Vipers in the UK is being pretty dim. Shame the GC has come to this, as it's only going to harm it as a console - something tells me the GC relies even more heavily on not being pirateable, even more so than the DC was, to work as a financial model - so yeah, the arrival of GC backups is bad news, I'd say.

Comment

Lol, kool, thats saved me ANOTHER phone call then

Comment

I wouldn't bother yet anyway.

The ViperGC, and the forthcoming RipperGC, both require a disc to be inserted on startup, and you then swap the discs. So it's really no better than Freeloader for booting imports.

A no-swap, auto-booting (like PS2 and XBox mods) solution has been reported on PS2nfo, coming in about a month. This looks to be the mod to go for, so I'd keep your money in your pockets for now.

Comment

Sounds to me similar to the old N64 Doctor if u get a load of games on one dvd as such..

Comment

I think you will find they are on seperate discs... Unless it a new format that can hold about 80Gb

Comment

Yeah it is. Putting multiple games on one disc would cause streaming issues anyway.

Comment

I'm most interested in the claim that it will play titles from 'full-size DVD'. How would you make them fit?

Not that I've any interest in doing so, as my Freeloader works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
                              I'm most interested in the claim that it will play titles from 'full-size DVD'. How would you make them fit?

Not that I've any interest in doing so, as my Freeloader works just fine.
                              People do it on the Viper even now. They just remove their upper shell, or custom it... ick nasty =/

Comment

Working...
                              X