Household Insurance For Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Household Insurance For Games

Sounds really stupid but for those of us with large game collections are there any insurance companies that insure the full value of the collections?

They all should as long as its included in the total valuation of your belongings - if you stated ?25k, but when your house burned down you try to claim 30k of stuff, they feel you have been underpaying and will only give half etc. The only time they get a bit uppity is when the value of a group of items is increased due to them being a "complete collection" e.g. if having all the Resident Evil games adds value, so buying them separately might cost ?60 but because they are difficult to find, having the full set values them at ?100 (just an example).

Comment

Ah i c,

At the moment my policy is due to run out in a few months and it's with Endsleigh (was a student deal) and after speaking to them they class video games as Computer equipment and only allow a maximum of ?250 claim for each category....therefore just claiming for Panzer Dragoon saga and Radiant silvergun maxes it out. (Took a 20 minute convo to get this clarified by a manager)

Anyone got any recommendations?

Comment

You need to state any material facts. Your collection would definately count as one. If the collection contains import games, this should also be stated up front. It's also a good idea to catalogue your collection using something liek Excel, and photograph them if you have a camera. This will help greatly in the event of a claim.

Norwich Union have insured my collection (around 8 grand) , but they don't consider them to be 'valuables'.

Comment

This is the thing of course. Proving your collection is worth what you say it is. Now I actually asked about the home insurance here, apparently it's "unlimited". Mmmm claiming goodness should anything go wrong. Question is... showing the insurance company that this particular tape based game sitting on my shelf is worth ?1,500 and so on...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
          X