Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Socket 939 CPU Fans - why can't i find any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Socket 939 CPU Fans - why can't i find any?

Hiya, building a new PC atm, left the little things until last such as the CPU fan, so its basically all built minus the case and cpu fan.

only problem is, i can't seem to find any bloody cpu fans for it, its a socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 3200+, tried all the hardware shops i normally go to online but no fans seem to specify they work with 939.

am i missing something?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Pirotic; 12-03-2005, 14:06.

All Socket 754 fans will work with the Socket 939 Athlon 64's.

This is the fan I'm using at the moment :-

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=602379

Comment

Thanks, i thought it'd be something like that but was to freaked out about ordering something unless i was sure, gone and got the exact CPU fan you have, together with CPU and Ram.

lets hope it all works when it arrives eh?

Only thing i've noticed is on the mobo manual it says i should have 'at least' 4800rpm' on the fan, and that fan is 2450 rpm. you sure it'll be ok with a 3200+?

Pirotic
      Last edited by Pirotic; 12-03-2005, 14:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirotic
        Only thing i've noticed is on the mobo manual it says i should have 'at least' 4800rpm' on the fan, and that fan is 2450 rpm. you sure it'll be ok with a 3200+?

Pirotic
        I've got it running on a 3500+ and the CPU temp. doesn't go over 50C when gaming, also my ABIT board is supposed to read the temperatures higher than they should be.

So it should be fine on a 3200+.

Comment

Oh ok, thats great then - thanks!

btw, does that fan have cooling gel on it already? or will i need to get a little kit and apply some.

Comment

try www.overclockers.co.uk

Comment

Most heat sinks come with thermal compound but its always cheap. Get some artic silver when ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran
                Most heat sinks come with thermal compound but its always cheap. Get some artic silver when ordering.
                yep

artic silver 5 is what you want. accept NO substitute.

Comment

Comment

well applied generic white thermal goop is so almost as good as as5 as to be totaly neglible, if you apply it right, its what I use with my watercooling.

Comment

Working...
                    X