Steering Wheel Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Wheel Help.

Just bought myself one of those posh Driving Force Pro steering wheels for GT4 and i'm wanting advice on what to fasten it to.

Basically i'm sitting on a normal settee so it needs to be the right height for that. At first i tried using an ironing board but ours doesn't seem stable enough. Don't mind buying something as long as its quite cheap (no more than ?20 or ?30). My DIY skills are next to nothing so please don't suggest i make something...as much as i'd love one of the stands that i've seen people make they are definitely beyond my skill unfortunately. Its all in a dedicated games room too so it doesn't need to be hidden away.

Thanks for any help.

how about one of the small coffee tables sold in argos?

Comment

I use a small set of DIY stepladders facing the wrong way... The top step is the perfect height for the wheel to sit on, and the back of the steps are open, allowing me to get my legs "inside" the frame with the pedals on the floor. Works a treat.

Comment

Cheers for the help guys but i'm gonna go and grab one of these from Ikea tomorrow. Looks pretty much perfect from what i can see

Last edited by Yoshimoto; 12-03-2005, 21:09.

Comment

Off topic (so my apologies), but I'm very interested in one of these because of the rumoured GTR compatability? Does it look like that's possible from what you've seen, or does the connector go straight to a PS2 controller port thingy?

Comment

It's not rumoured, it blatantly supports it! It's USB, they're PC and PS2.

Comment

Okay. Wicked. I guess I should have just asked "Is it USB" rather than just beating around the bush in case it wasn't compatible, at which point I could explain away my obvious ignorance by citing misinformation.

Comment

for ?35.24 for steering wheel for Logitech GT Force for Gran Turismo 3 - wheel and pedals set (under 40 quids including postage)

Comment

Working...
                X