I'm after a good PC Joypad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm after a good PC Joypad

similar to the "recommend a gaming mouse" thread, time to upgrade my ?10 Saitek controller, any suggestions ? must be a joypad, not Stick/Wheel, don't mind spending say ?40, doesn't have to be wireless either just something that feels good, responsive and about 8 buttons preferably. Thanks.

Thought about getting a USB - Xbox (or indeed PS2 if thats your cup of tea) converter? They work very well and are better than about 99.9% of PC joypads out there!

Comment

how do you feel about the xbox pad (including controller-s)? you could just use one of those on your pc as it's usb. the drivers for it allow the use of all 8 buttons, both sticks (including stick clicks) and full analogue support (sticks, triggers and buttons)

or, better yet, buy a magic box from the guys on here (about ?15) and use that on your pc, then you can get saturn, ps2 and dreamcast pads working on your pc. could you ask for more? mind you, there is a proper pc usb version of the magic box too!

Comment

There are no good PC gaming pads. Joysticks... yes. Pads, No.

I'll back everybody else here and recommend getting a converter for a console pad.

Comment

I'm in the same both a need a joypad for my PC. I've got a Dual Shock 2 which is going spare, so I was thinking about the 'Smartjoy Plus':

Comment

I've got a Sega Saturn USB pad and would highly recommend it. See here:

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

About ?20 plus a couple of quid for shipping. Bargain.

Comment

that definitely is a bargain!

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear
                I'm in the same both a need a joypad for my PC. I've got a Dual Shock 2 which is going spare, so I was thinking about the 'Smartjoy Plus':

http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?nav...a4b74a49123891
                have a PS2 to USB adaptor already (only about ?7 from play.com Mgear) just thought the PC would have some decent pads, no wonder I could find many reviews etc, thanks for replies. I'll give the PS2 one a try.

Comment

The only problem with the Playstation --> PC adapter is that there's a tiny delay in pressing a button and getting the desired result. The Xbox ones are better because it's USB all the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt Rose
                    There are no good PC gaming pads. Joysticks... yes. Pads, No.

I'll back everybody else here and recommend getting a converter for a console pad.
                    Not true.

The Saturn USB pad someone posted up here is superb. I have 3 of them in various colours and they're sublime for emulators.

Comment

Yes, but it's a Saturn pad, isn't it. Just because it's a USB connector stapled onto the end doesn't mean anything, it was originally designed with consoles in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrupt Rose
                        The only problem with the Playstation --> PC adapter is that there's a tiny delay in pressing a button and getting the desired result. The Xbox ones are better because it's USB all the way through.
                        know what you mean noticed the lag before, Xbox pad conertor wanted now if anyone's got one going ??

Comment

If it's any help, they're 6 quid in Game, if they've got stock.

Comment

I got a game one, works fine with its own drivers or with other ones you can download

Comment

Originally posted by Bus-stop Boxer
                              I've got a Sega Saturn USB pad and would highly recommend it. See here:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-80-1-70-cj3.html

About ?20 plus a couple of quid for shipping. Bargain.
                              I fully endorse this recommendation seeing as I have two myself . Incredibly responsive I might add.

Comment

Working...
                              X