Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox RGB, 2 Sony TV's. 1 Pic good, the other rubbish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox RGB, 2 Sony TV's. 1 Pic good, the other rubbish...

29" Sony at home. RGB pic is absolute turd, washed out colours, having read enough threads here I understand it's the Xbox's fault.

21" Sony at work (with me Xbox live) RGB pic, whilst not fantastic the colours are vibrant & the pic looks very good.

Don't wanna go back to Svid as it's pure ****e after playing on RGB - any help?

Would the service mode on my TV help?

Apologies in advance if I'm being patronising:

Are you sure you've got the Xbox plugged into the RGB enabled scart socket? This is usually AV1, but check with TV manual to confirm.

If not that, do you need to tell the Sony to accept an RGB signal? It might not be looking for it, or displaying it.

What lead are you using? Official Xbox?

I don't know anything about Xbox leads, I'm sure someone else must do. I haven't got an Xbox, but these kinda things usually solve most problems regardless of console.

If they don't, post back with the Model number, or try AV Forums.

Comment

The fact there is "RGB" in green letters in the top right of my TV screen is a dead give away!

My Sony auto switches to RGB the minute my consoles are turned.
      The model is a KVX - I think.

Comment

I don't know then, don't really know all that much about Sonys to be honest. RGB in the top right has got to be a dead give away, so it can't be an issue there.

Maybe the TV just isn't good at displaying an RGB signal. some TV's do different signal types better than others, and in funny ways.

Have you got anything else you can hook up to the TV in RGB mode? Different console? DVD player?

Comment

The RGB on my Dreamcast is excellent on both TV's. TBH I think it's just a problem with Xbox...

Comment

well in that case, messing about with the service mode on the TV probably won't make any difference.

Comment

I remember seeing some posts about dodgy RGB from the Xbox.

Search the forums.

Comment

Your 21 inch Sony is obviously better then the tv you have at home. Also, cos its smaller, it probably doesnt show the faults as much.

Comment

Originally posted by bignige
                  The RGB on my Dreamcast is excellent on both TV's. TBH I think it's just a problem with Xbox...
                  The Xbox RGB output is poor - this has been covered in loads of topics before. Newer models are much better but still miles behind the DC, MD, PSX, PS2, Gamecube etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X