Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP Breakdown!

Hi all,

My beloved PSP has developed a sudden problem. Whilst routinely flicking the power switch on, it got stuck and when I pushed a bit more forcefully, it gave way and it seems the spring has gone. Problem is that the bloody thing doesn't turn on now...the power switch is just loose.

Now I was wondering if someone can give me some much needed advice as I already have some serious serious withdrawal symptoms from Lumines.

As it's from Japan, is there anything I can do to get it repaired on warranty?

If not, is it a simple of of opening up, sorting and putting back together or is opening up a massive no-no?

Help!!...please

Thanks
    Muz

Oh dear.
    Did you buy it direct from Japan or through a reseller (like play-asia or an import shop)?
    First thing I'd do is contact the retailer you got it from (if possible) and talk to them about the warranty. Many online retailers will help you out with warranty issues.

As for opening it up...I wouldn't go there just yet. The PSP is very densely packed and I imagine it wouldn't be to easy to DIY. I got no problem opening up home equipment, but most compact devices like mini-DV camcorders and the like are a world of pain. It would also invalidate your warranty of course.

Comment

Working...
    X