RGB SCART PLAYSTATION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RGB SCART PLAYSTATION

I have just plugged in and the picture holds for a while then scrolls frantically in a diagonal direction. is this to do with one of the pins or could it be something else?It can be temporarily be rectified by changing channel and the back to AV. Other than that it's perfect and my import games are in now in colour!

Please help!
    Thanks Steve

You might wanna edit your post title mate. There's no need for all caps around here.

It sounds like your TV can't do 60Hz.

Try another TV. One thats proven to handle 60Hz games.
    If it's broken on that one, it's the cable.

If the cable works on the other TV...
    then your TV can't handle a 60Hz signal.

Comment

i was under the impression that it wouldn't work at all. the TV is quite old so maybe that is the problem.

Any other way I can get my mports and backups in colour without having to buy an expensive new TV??

Comment

Expensive new TV?!!?

For starters you could probably buy a crappy ?150 21" these days that will support NTSC, so it's not expensive at all.

You've got an excuse to buy a new TV man - go for it!

Comment

If he's using RGB the TV does not have to support the NTSC color format.
          It just needs to handle a 60Hz signal correctly.

You can buy almost any TV these days and 60Hz|RGB will work fine.
          You can buy adapters to convert the signal but they are ****e, to be frank.

I'd probably get a newer TV. Go on, you deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by yashiro
            If he's using RGB the TV does not have to support the NTSC color format.
            It just needs to handle a 60Hz signal correctly.
            You know I meant 60hz!

Comment

My old TV used to need leaving on for about an hour before it would display 60hz images, and that was through RF, so there was NO way it would be in colour [oh the joy of being skint].

Maybe your old TV WILL be OK after a warm up period?

Comment

Originally posted by steve1
                I have just plugged in and the picture holds for a while then scrolls frantically in a diagonal direction.
                Strange - a diagonally-scrolling picture would indicate a sync problem, but the TV gets its sync signal from the composite video signal. In which case I don't see how composite video would be working ok on your set (it is working, isn't it?).

Could it be bad joints in your SCART socket (a common problem) - if you wiggle it when it's plugged in does it make a difference?

I guess it still could just be a problem with having a dodgy old TV, though...

Comment

If the picture is holding for any length of time,eg more than a few seconds,the set can handle 60 hz,most tv's from the 80's onwards can.
                  Now I would think it is either the rgb cable,open it up and check all pins are wired onto properly and there is no loose,dry,or broken joints.The other most common problem is the one mentioned,that it is a sync problem,check if composite is working ok too.
                  If these are both fine,then it is most probably the scart socket,maybe there are some dry joints or loose ones.
                  If all these fail,then go get a new tv,it may be worht sticking this in a tv repair shop if you are not confident on opening the tv and checking the scart socket,they would most probably fix it for a fiver or a tenner.

Comment

Working...
                  X