US Slimline PS2 green screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Slimline PS2 green screen

I want to be able to watch R1 & R2 DVDs on my US Slim PS2 whilst in various hotels. Generally the TVs only have a single RGB socket, no composite or Svideo. I have an RGB cable, but how can i get these DVDs to work - I either get the green screen, or a message saying the TV format is incorrect. Is there a disk/utility I can buy to bypass this somehow?

before my Ps2 was chipped I used one of these

iirc the utility puts a save on your memory card which banishes the Green Screen effect for all DVDs and you only need to use it as a boot disc when loading discs from other regions.

Comment

Do you know if that disc would work on a US PS2?

Comment

US ps2's cant play region2 dvds, or at least not pal one's, the actual memory chip used as a framebuffer for the dvd playback isnt big enough for pal video.

however a UK ps2 can play US dvd's since the chip is big enough to accomodate pal or ntsc video.

Comment

hmmm, sorry I never thought of that.

I honestly can't say for sure >_<

Comment

It's true. My modded JP machine won't play R2 (PAL) discs, but it will play R2 Japanese DVDs.

A modded PAL machine is what you want.
            Last edited by Kubrick; 23-03-2005, 13:10.

Comment

I have dvd region x marcus if you want to borrow it.
              I dont use it anymore and im only down the road from you.Up to you mate. How about the blaze ultimate scart cable,as that has a switch for correcting the green screen,same as what the dvd region X wil do for you.

Comment

You'll want a US release DVD Region X to watch your Region 1 discs in RGB. Alternatively, as it's just while you're being kicked from hotel room to hotel room at the moment, give up and watch in composite with the composite lead and a composite to SCART block.

Comment

Good idea mid, Im pretty sure I have one of those lying about somewhere back home.

Comment

Working...
                  X