Keyboard/Mouse(pad) combos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard/Mouse(pad) combos

A query as to the best and most comfortable way to use a keyboard/'mouse whilst seated in a comfy chair, as I want to try out PC gaming on my plasma. Id need something wireless, Ive seen combination keyboard/mouse/pad things which are designed for this but does anyone have any idea as to their effectiveness?

Seeing F.E.A.R. demo movie running full screen has seriously whetted my appetite for big screen pc gaming.

I'd say go with a big piece of board you can put on your lap and use a normal wireless KB/Mouse (and deffo not an infra red setup ). If you get it wide enough it can rest on the arms of the chair and not even touch you. I've tried PC games on a big screen before and I was disappointed in all honesty. The low resolutions take some getting used to as does the lower frequency (and therefore framerate if you play with vsync enabled). I also found the small text in some games became as good as unreadable.

I've not tried on a plasma though so it may well be a different kettle of fish.

Comment

I personally wouldn't go wireless as I've never been able to live with the Lag. I've settled on the Razer Diamondback + Logitech UltraX keyboard. I know its the most precise mouse on the market and suites my high-sensitivity FPS gaming style, if that makes sense. Anyway this is a very subjective decision, but this is a very good write up on the best PC mice:

The Logitech MX1000 (MX700 maybe) is considered the wireless king right now and is available in a pack here:

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

That said it is a bulky mouse, but hope that helps.

And happy Easter all!

Comment

Originally posted by Mgear
        I personally wouldn't go wireless as I've never been able to live with the Lag.
        What set did you try?

I'm using the Intellimouse explorer 2.0 and never noticed any lag.

Comment

I've tried the MX900 and the MX1000 (on another PC). The Mx900 is useless for games (BT that's why), and the MX1000, does lag sligthly when you pick it up. I did say not for me. It's a good mouse and the Tom's guide mentioned that. I believe it comes down to your style.

Comment

I would probably recomended the logitech DiNovo bluetooth set. expensive but very comfortable also comes with the MX700 and a seperate key pad which can be used for gaming (since it has the keypad) if you don't mind using something that small, plus it can be used to change tracks with media players and play and pause video/audio.

Link

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=9874

Comment

Working...
            X