English friendly Jap PS2 games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English friendly Jap PS2 games?

With the imminent release of Initial D looming I have been considering getting a Jap PS2. I already know a few games I want for it but was wondering before I buy one if anyone could suggest any other english friendly titles I might want for it (except 2D/3D beat em ups)

Winning Eleven 6: FE (International?)
    Final Fantasy X International
    erm..that weird Namco game Taiton No Tujin? well sommet like that
    Shutokou Battle + sequel in the works
    Ridge Racer V
    Then obviously Initial D which I have been after for ages.

Any other suggestions?

Psyvariar as that is all in English.

You mentioned RRV, and it is well worth getting as everything is in English (apart from a tiny bit of info that can be found in English elsewhere in the game).

Dodonpachi Dai-ou-jou is ok as well, but it is not as good as Psyvariar.

[pimp]I have a JPN PS2 for sale at the moment if you are interested[/pimp]

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie

You mentioned RRV, and it is well worth getting as everything is in English (apart from a tiny bit of info that can be found in English elsewhere in the game).

I'm interested on behalf of a friend - what is the model number man?

[pimp]Smeghead: Get hold of Psyvariar[/pimp]

Comment

I'm planning trading PAL Xbox for one m8, if u want an Xbox tho lemme know

Psyviar, Dodonpachi both added to list

I've already got RRV PAL so know it's class be even nicer full screen.

Comment

Guilty Gear XX is practically 90% english, the only thing you won't be able to understand is what the characters are saying in the story mode, but there are faq's on gamefaqs for that stuff if your *really* interested.

Comment

'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance' has the option to switch all text into English ... I understand that 'Silent Hill 3' (or the re-release version) has something similar, too ?

I wish more text heavy games would employ this method ^^ ...

Are there any others (outside of FFX:I) ?

S.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieg
              'Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance' has the option to switch all text into English ... I understand that 'Silent Hill 3' (or the re-release version) has something similar, too ?

I wish more text heavy games would employ this method ^^ ...

Are there any others (outside of FFX:I) ?

S.
              There are a fair few games re-released in Japan after the US/Eu versions are released in full english, at least there was for the DC.

I take it u mean Silent Hill 2 as Silent Hill 3 ain't been released here yet and PAL is getting it first

thanks for the additions though, I might give them a try too jus tryin to get an idea of what stuff to try without gettin bogged into reams of unreadable (to me) text.

Comment

Originally posted by Smeghead
                I take it u mean Silent Hill 2 as Silent Hill 3 ain't been released here yet and PAL is getting it first
                Yes, of course - sorry ... brain absent at time of post >.<

The re-release is subtitled 'Saigo no uta' if you happen to decide to track it down btw ...

S.

Comment

hmm any more games that have an english mode ?

Comment

Mate...
                    Winning Eleven 6: FE (International?) - Heavy Jap
                    Final Fantasy X International - English
                    Taiko No Tatsujin - Heavy Jap
                    Shutokou Battle + sequel in the works - Dunno
                    Ridge Racer V - English

Despite most games having Jap doesn't deter you from not understanding fully what's going on...

If in doubt, ask me tomorrow!

Comment

Taiko No Tatsujin does have a lot of Japanese but it is never confusing, and shouldnt put you off.

Comment

Taiko No Tatsujin does have a lot of Japanese but it is never confusing, and shouldnt put you off.
                        Agreed. No problems here. If you get stuck there is a decent faq at gamefaqs.com with translations.

Comment

Have been down to see phillai, he let me down big time with that puny effort of a Jap PS2 section , plus I was on a tight budget.

Jus took Jap PS2 with Winning Eleven 5 (no point spending ?40ish on WE6:FE to find I don't like the game) and Gunbarl (Point Blank) with a Gcon 45.

Get some more money next week, so gonna go on a proper games hunt.

Comment

Working...
                          X