Cancelling with Play Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelling with Play Asia

Hello all. It's been a number of days since I ordered my PSP from Play Asia. Decided to cancel on Sunday when it became clear US PSPs were easily available and they were taking their time in fulfilling an order that was supposedly in stock.

In any case, I've sent two cancellation messages through the order form without reply. Is there any other way to cancel an order in 'preparing order' status through email to them or such like? Is there an address as I can't seem to locate one on their website in the 'contact us' section?

I don't want to have to get in to a messy situation whereby they end up cancelling the order after sending it out. Help would be much appreciated. :/

I dont think theres any other way, short of phoning them up tbh. You wont be able to cancel once its been shipped/left the warehouse. Thats happened to me a few times. They take so ****ing long to reply to emails, by the time youve got a response its already been shipped. Good business sense tho.

Seeing as we're talking about an expensive bit of kit, I'd give them a ring and ask to cancel.

Comment

They don't have a telephone number available on their website. Only a fax number, and I don't have a fax machine at hand.

Don't suppose you know their telephone number? (It's probably too late to ring them now due to the time difference, and the order is supposed to be dispatched on the 29th).

Comment

Go to my account.
        Click on your order number.
        Click the word cancel next to your order.

Although I'm not sure it's possible if your status is pending like yours is.

Comment

Already tried. It's impossible to automatically cancel.

Never mind. If they send the PSP out and charge my card I'll just sell it on elsewhere and pick up a US PSP instead.

Comment

Why? Aren't they identical in every sense?
            The JPN model might even be better for the UK as it will play R2 films, making it slightly easier to locate said films.
            If your JPN PSP is free from too many dead pixels etc then I think you'd be crazy selling just to swap for a US model.

Comment

You're probably right, though I doubt UMD region access is going to work like DVD. They're different media.

To be honest, I'm not too fussed about UMD - the memory stick usage affects my interest in it.

I'll check the unit out for dead pixels and then think about keeping it. Reports in the US seem to be suggesting a slightly higher screen defect rate from what I've been reading, so maybe that's to do with the change of maker.

Comment

Just to update, Play Asia have got back in touch to let me know they've cancelled my order from the question form.

The reply was fast and prompt, and an indication of good customer service.

Comment

Play-Asia are tops. One of the best only behind VideoGames Plus. Customer Service is always quick and friendly, and are also cheap. Plus you always get $5 US off from the coupons

Comment

Yep, even when orders have gone tits up they've always been polite and fast to respond to emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                      You're probably right, though I doubt UMD region access is going to work like DVD. They're different media.
                      its still the same believe it or not

Spiderman 2 is region encoded and it wont work on a Japanese PSP

All you get is a warning telling you that its the wrong region spookily enough

Comment

My point was that we don't know if it'll be the same for Japanese and European media. Sony own the rights to UMD - I'm not sure if they had any input over the region definitions for DVD, which means the planning might not follow the exact same form.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                          My point was that we don't know if it'll be the same for Japanese and European media. Sony own the rights to UMD - I'm not sure if they had any input over the region definitions for DVD, which means the planning might not follow the exact same form.
                          i see sorry

i know on the demo disc that you got free with the Japanese model, the movie trailers are region 2 - so it might all pan out

but i dont intend on buying umds - would prefer to get the dvd's especially if they are going to be around the same price

even thou UMD's belong to sony they dont decide region encoding so i reckon they will have to follow all the guidelines set by the governing body when it comes to movies

Comment

Originally posted by Cuber001
                            Play-Asia are tops. One of the best only behind VideoGames Plus. Customer Service is always quick and friendly, and are also cheap. Plus you always get $5 US off from the coupons
                            Play-Asia bah

you do know they $5 off coupons are just to make you buy more than 1 game or something to push the value over the $50 making it a few ? cheaper to buy from lik-sang.

Comment

Working...
                            X