Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R7 Dreamcast time/date reset problem.

Hi,

I have just bought myself a Japanese R7 Dreamcast, but every time i switch it on, it asks me to input the time and date.

I realise that it must be a problem with a flat battery(possibly a CR2032?) inside the console itself, but where do i actually fit the battery in the console as i've opened it up but couldn't see a CR2032(or something similar) anywhere(i only took the top of the console off, i'm not brave enough to remove the motherboard!)

So can anyone tell me where i can find the system memory battery inside the Dreamcast?, so i can replace it.

Thanks.

Do you always take the plug out of the power socket once you have finished playing your DC? If so, then don't do it. If you leave your DC unplugged you will have to set the time and date all the time, just like the XBOX.

Comment

... er, no.

The DC has a built in watch battery (cr2032 or something like that) that maintains the clock while the power is off.

If you keep the Dreacast off for a long time then it will lose the time.

If the DC is being regularly used and it forgets the time after a couple of hours of being off, then the battery needs replacing.

Comment

Working...
      X