Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox Live and Freeserve using ICS... any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Live and Freeserve using ICS... any help?

I'm not sure if i've done something wrong, or not.. but i am currently using freeserve 512k/s broadband service and networking it through to my xbox via a network card and ICS.

When i'm playing Xbox Live or downloading content, it often downloads at slow speeds, when i click on my connection properties in the system tray and watch the download speed, it doesn't seem to be using all 50k/s of my bandwidth, it sometimes go down to 1k/s... i'm not sure if that's normal or not, and if it's not, is there any way of speeding it up? it's quite worrying, i am playing Wolfenstein and there doesn't seem to be alot of data going through the modem. I noticed a fair bit of lag, too... anyone had the same problems or have i done something wrong in the config?

does the MAC address help anything?

Any help is great help, thanks for your time.

You need to adjust the MTU for the internet connection sharing thing... I don't know how one would change it in windows though I'm afraid.

Started up in windows and dug up this screenshot for you... If you don't use RASPPPOE for PPPoE DSL connections then I can't help you.

Comment

Go to dslreports.com and into the tools section and download DrTCP.

It will allow you to change MTU settings without delving into the registry.

Comment

Thank you very much people, i'll let you know if it's just me being paranoid, or if my live experience gets better.

Thanks again

Comment

Well, i seem to be getting a better perfomance thanks to DrTCP. it still tells me to change my MTU to 1500, does anyone know which bit it's talking about?

Thanks again.

Comment

sussed it out, all perfect apparently

Many thanks

Played about 2-3 hours worth of Xbox live, not a problem there. Ta guys

Comment

Does xbox live not only need to use the upload side of the broadband?

Oh and wolfenstein can lag quite a bit if you're playing in a game with too many people.

Comment

Working...
              X