Is my Dreamcast buggered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my Dreamcast buggered?

None of the ports work for the joypads work, any ideas?

Originally posted by Strider
    There's a small fusable resistor on the joypad board, that's probably the first thing to check. IIRC it's about 4 Ohms - if it reads as an open circuit (i.e. doesn't conduct), then it'll need to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Yod@
      There's a small fusable resistor on the joypad board, that's probably the first thing to check. IIRC it's about 4 Ohms - if it reads as an open circuit (i.e. doesn't conduct), then it'll need to be replaced.
      Where can I get those from and is it worth fixing?

Comment

It's absolute childsplay - [pimp]I have whole joyport units here for a tenner if you dont want to repair the one you have.[/pimp]

Comment

or if you need a replacement DC..Ive got one for ?30 plus delivery :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Welrain
            or if you need a replacement DC..Ive got one for ?30 plus delivery :-)
            Pimps in da house!

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
              It's absolute childsplay - [pimp]I have whole joyport units here for a tenner if you dont want to repair the one you have.[/pimp]
              Is it just a case of unscrewing the current port and putting the new one in?

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                Is it just a case of unscrewing the current port and putting the new one in?
                Yeah - 4 screws hold the unit in - 1 ribbon cable connects to the board. I would suggest you try and work out what caused this fault in the first place. A friend of mine kep killing his due to a dodgy pad convertor.

Comment

Working...
                X