PAL Gamecube - Progressive question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL Gamecube - Progressive question

I have a PAL Gamecube and am viewing a progressive scan display from my NTSC games when booting via freeloader 1.06b. I have done a search of the forums and seen that there are a couple of PAL games that can handle 480p. Is there a definitive list of all PAL games capable of a 480P display? Or is it a case of having to re-purchase my PAL games on the NTSC format?

Cheers.

iirc the only PAL game that had 480P support was Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters, and even that was left in by mistake apparently.

So yes, if you want PS for all your other games, repurchasing NTSC versions is in order.

I'm actually in the same situation and I don't know if I can be bothered tbh.

Comment

just buy ntsc games

Comment

Splinter Cell (US version) has progressive scan mode, I'm not sure about the PAL version though.

Comment

I think the PAL version of Rayman 3 has the option for progressive scan

Comment

I own a pal cube, but some US games, like Resi 4.

How do I make my PAL Cube work in prog scan with Resi 4? Cheers.

Comment

Just hold down the B button after inserting the game disc. After a few seconds of holding B you'll be asked if you want to start the game in Prog Scan mode - select 'yes' and press the A button to continue. Assuming your tv supports prog scan mode it'll boot up fine (if it doesn't then you'll not get a picture).

Think this is probably all covered in the manual if you're unsure.

Comment

So use freeloader? Insert the game disc, hold B then it'll ask?

Shame UK games dont work in prog scan

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog
                  I think the PAL version of Rayman 3 has the option for progressive scan
                  The manual said something about "the 60hz progressive scan mode" but I'd be very surprised, seeing as the US version didn't.

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly right. Hold B down after inserting the game disc & closing the lid.

Originally posted by Jebus

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus

Don't forget your component cables.

Comment

Working...
                      X