Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dance Dance Recommendations

Hello All,

I have always enjoyed dance-mungous games in the arcades and after this months Edge article have decided to bring the experience home.

Firstly does any one have any experience with the metal logic 3 dance mat?

Secondly what games should I be buying? I have only seen Dancing Stage Euromix (?) and Party Mix in the shops.

Thanks in advance

First off - the games:

The latest PAL game is Dancing Stage Megamix (PS2) - it has about 30 tracks, including some recent UK pop tunes and songs from Euromix 2. It uses the newest 7th Mix engine.

Dancing Stage Euromix and Dancing Stage Party Mix (PS1) use the old 3rd and 4th Mix graphics engines. I think they have about 20-30 songs each.

If you have a PS2 plays that imports, I highly recommend the Japanese version of DDRMAX, the USA version of DDRMAX or DDRMAX2. All of these use the latest engines so the arrows are a lot smoother compared to the eariler PS1 games. Each of these has about 60-80 songs.

Personally, I think the PS2 Dancing Stage Megamix is pretty poor compared to the imports (not enough unlockable secrets/songs), but if its the only thing available it's probably the best PAL game you can buy.

Ok now the Logic 3 pad,

I have had one of these for about a month now. I've definately improved a lot since then and gone up a few difficulties just because of this pad. It's quite durable, and I've not had any major problems with it. It is a little expensive for what it is, but if you are going to be getting into this genre, its worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by St Hubbins
      Hello All,

I have always enjoyed dance-mungous games in the arcades and after this months Edge article have decided to bring the experience home.

Firstly does any one have any experience with the metal logic 3 dance mat?
      Thanks in advance
      We have one in the office, and its already suffering. The actual mat is bent in a few places (although it's still playable at the moment).

Considering it retails at over 100 quid (I wouldn't buy one)

Comment

Working...
      X