Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about the XBox, LIVE and Hi Def

Hey all,

Having just bought an Panasonic AE700 I now have games playable in Hi Def, however it seems it is only possible to set Progressive Scan on NTSC machines...

So...

1. Am I right to think there is no way to get PAL Xboxes to run Hi Def?

2. Is it possible to play a US Xbox and US games over here on LIVE using a PAL LIVE kit?

3. Is it possible to Mod a PAL xbox so you can set it to NTSC, enable Prog Scan, switch the chip off, so it becomes PAL again...But the Prog is still enabled? (clutches at straws)

Basically I need to know if I'm gonna have to buy an NTSC Xbox and all my games again, or whether I can get my Xbox running the way it should be?

Thanks

1) You can get a PAL Xbox to run Progressive Scan (Hi Def is Microsoft's bull**** terms for Xbox2). You need to softmod the console (www.xbox-scene.com is your best bet to find how to do this) and make it think it's a US console.

2) Only if the game is region free. Check the sticky.

3) Not sure about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon
      3. Is it possible to Mod a PAL xbox so you can set it to NTSC, enable Prog Scan, switch the chip off, so it becomes PAL again...But the Prog is still enabled? (clutches at straws)
      My chipped Xbox does this.

I booted the Enigmah Video Selector disc, with the chip enabled, which let me change the video output of the console to NTSC. Doing this removed the PAL-60 option on the dashboard but enabled me to select 480P, 720P and 1080I.

These video settings remain after I disable the chip but the actual region (in terms of playing games) hasn't changed which means I can only load PAL or region free discs with the chipped switched off.

I haven't managed to take the machine onto Live yet with this NTSC setting but I've been told that I should be ok but can't confirm.

Comment

3) Yes - if modded you can use the Enigma Video Switching program to get it to output progressive scan.

edit - beat me too it

Comment

2) I don't think Tom S was paying attention. Yes, you can use a US Xbox, with US games, with your UK Xbox Live kit, gamertag and UK ISP. I have a US and UK Xbox both set up, and they both share the same tag as well (from a UK starter kit). It's just a case of putting the account on the memory card.

Comment

I just used the splintercell exploit (you just put a special save onto a memory card) run splintercell load the file and it boots a program to change your xbox to ntsc) then you can enable all the settings and go on xbox live. badabing

Comment

Yes to all of them if you know what your doing.

1 & 3) Soft mod the xbox using either Splinter Cell, Mechassault or 007 Agent Under Fire. Set the machine to output NTSC (and thus HD) using the enigmah video selector software then remove the mod or optionally use UXE (Ultimate Xbox Exploit) install so you can switch between modded/unmodded states.

2) Same as 1 & 3) except use ConfigMagic to swap regions of the PAL Xbox to turn it into a US Machine and play US games even if they are region locked. Or if the game isnt region locked it will work anyway without the need to switch regions.

Comment

let's see...

1. Am I right to think there is no way to get PAL Xboxes to run Hi Def?
                :Yep! Unless your xbox is in NTSC you won't see HDTV option under video setting

2. Is it possible to play a US Xbox and US games over here on LIVE using a PAL LIVE kit?
                :It is possible assuming you have the chi that let you change the region setting of your xbox and can be turned off completely

:For that you can do soft mod that uses the exploit of some save game data to run unsigned application like Enigmah's video selector to change your PAL Xbox into NTSC video mode with PAL territory setting...

Comment

Working...
                X