Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony PVM Monitor Has No Headphone Socket-Solutions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony PVM Monitor Has No Headphone Socket-Solutions???

Hi,
    basically I recently got shot of my crappy old 28" tv which had been playing up for a while now and switched over to using my Sony PVM studio monitor for all my console needs(I was only using this originally for my vertical pcb games).Its a great monitor and all but it doesn't have a headphone socket which is a bit of a bugger as I have just got Doom 3 for the xbox and I would love to play this in the dark with headphones on.
    The Sony doesn't actually have built in speakers but std speaker plugs at it's rear(the same you find on a hi-fi)to which by means of normal 2 strand(black and white)speaker wire i've connected 2 speakers up.
    Anyone know of a solution to enable me to use my headhones with this monitor.For instance do some scart splitters come with a headhphone jack?
    I'am not afraid of a bit of soldering either as long as its not inside the monitors inards,could anyone suggest a solution components wise?
    Any info mucho appreciated.
    Ta famitsu1

What you need is a headphone amp that takes 6.35mm jack input (std speaker plug size)
    and a 3.5mm headphone jack output.

Comment

Hi,
      thanks for the reply,I won't pretend that I know anything about the components you just mentioned you just mentioned but I do have a Maplin's catelogue to hand so I'll look those up now.
      Thanks so much
      Ta famitsu1

Comment

if you've got an old stereo around with aux inputs you could go through that

Comment

Working...
        X