Office 2003 Small Business Edition OEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office 2003 Small Business Edition OEM

We supplied this to a company for one machine, they installed, activated it and used it for a few weeks. The machine it was on then had some major problems and it turned into a nigh on full rebuild with mainly new parts. They've come to install the OEM again and basically can't. Apparently MS have told them when it was activated on the previous motherboard that was that and it's tied to what it was activated on. Is this really the case? Your machine ****s up and your left needing to buy a new Office as well?

Originally posted by Roost
    We supplied this to a company for one machine, they installed, activated it and used it for a few weeks. The machine it was on then had some major problems and it turned into a nigh on full rebuild with mainly new parts. They've come to install the OEM again and basically can't. Apparently MS have told them when it was activated on the previous motherboard that was that and it's tied to what it was activated on. Is this really the case? Your machine ****s up and your left needing to buy a new Office as well?
    Nah, just contact Microsoft and tell them you are reinstalling after a rebuild.

I am suprised that it wouldnt activate, i must have re-installed our Server 2003 about 15 times in the last few months with no problem

Comment

Originally posted by Jushin-Thunder-Liger
      I am suprised that it wouldnt activate, i must have re-installed our Server 2003 about 15 times in the last few months with no problem
      Aaah, but did you change the motherboard?

Comment

Yeah i remember people having problems when re-installing windows on machines from dell because it is so tied into the mother board. if irrc if you had a machine from them and installed a new mb, then you had real problems reinstalling windows.

Comment

Originally posted by mid
          Aaah, but did you change the motherboard?
          Yeah, installed it on completly different servers.

Its worth contacting MS about

Comment

Working...
          X