What cable for LCD TV gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cable for LCD TV gaming

Mate has just bought a Sony LCD tv and wants to know what the best cable would give him the best gaming/dvd/sky+ tv pic?

Using xbox for gaming.

Component cable without a doubt.

Just got myself a Sharp Aquos 26" for gaming. Was horrified when i first plugged all my boxes into it and got the worst, most jagged image ever. What i'd failed to realise is that Plasmas and LCDs are intended for higher res. images and you cant just plug in the composite cable that comes with your games machine and expect it to look beautiful.
    Using GT3 on the PS2 as a reference i tried the standard composite cable, then an RGB scart cable, then finally a component cable. The difference it makes is quite frankly staggering.
    Your friend should get the official High Definition AV pack for his xbox (try Liksang etc) as, even though we dont get proper high res. in Europe (cheers Microsoft, can't thank you enough for that...), it still produces a crystal clear image which is significantly better than the supplied composite cable.
    Hope that helps!

Comment

use component leads for ps2, xbox or gc as the picture will be much better, for sky use rgb scart if it has it

Comment

Working...
      X