PSP+Wipeout browser problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP+Wipeout browser problems

I can go online with my psp perfectly fine, but when trying to browse the internet with WoP it takes me to the "coming soon screen" I'm pretty sure its something to do with my adsl modem router. It's a Belkin, anybody had any success with these, or can offer some advice?

I think it's meant to keep you on that website, people have found a cheeky workaround, but i don't know what it is...

Comment

A quick google will bring up some stuff of how to do it.

You have to change some stuff on your router i think as the browser on wipeout is designed to show only that page. There are loads of guides on the internet though, there also seem to be some PSP portal pages opening so you dont have to set up your own

Comment

Basically, you're pointing to a DNS server with a deliberately wrong entry for the Wipeout Pure site, so the PSP is pointed to a custom-designed page instead. If/when I get my PSP, I'm tempted to do this the hard way, and set up my own, rather than trusting strange sites out there...

Comment

It's all set up properly, and have done it using a netgear, but for some reason via my Belkin it still sends me to the WoP "coming soon screen"

Comment

Originally posted by bignige
            It's all set up properly, and have done it using a netgear, but for some reason via my Belkin it still sends me to the WoP "coming soon screen"
            and thats all you should see at the moment however if you go to the network settings and change the primary dns to 67 171 70 72 and than go to the download page via wipeout download option you`ll be a happy little panda

Comment

Right, Is that ALL you have to change, just the primary DNS as I've tried it countless times and it still sends me to the Download page!?

Comment

yup it should take you to a portal page

Comment

Thats weird, any reasons why it shouldn't work?

It lets me play online games fine so its weird why that doesn't work. You just leave the secondary DNS blank too yes?

Comment

Originally posted by huxley
                    and thats all you should see at the moment however if you go to the network settings and change the primary dns to 67 171 70 72 and than go to the download page via wipeout download option you`ll be a happy little panda
                    As stated before, my setup is correct. My primary dns is set to 67.171.70.71 - it still takes me to the WoP coming soon screen. It's a router problem I think.

Comment

Originally posted by lll_r0ssco_lll
                      Thats weird, any reasons why it shouldn't work?

It lets me play online games fine so its weird why that doesn't work. You just leave the secondary DNS blank too yes?
                      If you've got a Belkin or D-Link, forget it! It don't work with them, it ignores your dns numbers and takes them from the routers settings. Changing it on the router still don't work either.

Comment

I have a D-Link one I think. So I can't do it at all then? That sucks majorly.

Comment

Originally posted by lll_r0ssco_lll
                          I have a D-Link one I think. So I can't do it at all then? That sucks majorly.
                          Not all is lost for you. Read the comments after the "how to"
                          The URL you requested could not be found.

Gamefaqs.com & engadget.com also have help. Just none for Belkin!

Comment

Working...
                          X