Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS one Games that do not work on chipped PS2

Hello all

Wondering if any one could supply a list of US and JPN games that do not work on a chipped PAL PS2

The reason i ask is that i have dino crisis and it boots to the warning screen then a big red sign comes up with what looks like japanese writing behind it though i cannot make it out

any one have a list or an idea what i can do with this particular issue?

cheers in advance

there you go!

dino crisis is one of the anti-mod games, although it's not mentioned on that list. it is mentioned here, however:

the warning you're seeing is telling you that the game knows you have a chip (clever thing).

the psone chips used to shut themselves off after a few seconds so that the games wouldn't detect them (you could even set the time-out by holding down certain buttons at bootup, handy if your laser was a bit dodgy and took longer to boot the disc).

i noticed this on the list of specs for the matrix infinity homebrew:

Sleep-Mode (The Modchip will switch off itself after HomeBrew software boot)

and the matrix infinity MXL4 (budget version of homebrew):

Sleep-Mode (The Modchip will switch off itself after boot)

Maybe these would work? it doesn't mention anything like this with the dms4's. But wait!

the specs for the dms3.3 (old version) say:

Direct boot of PSX originals/imports/backups (anti-mod and multi-disc titles supported).

What chip have you got?

Comment

as for solving it, if your chip won't help, you'll have no choice but to image, patch and then burn said game(s). or, if there's a way to load action replay/gameshark codes for psx games on a ps2, then you could do that as there are codes for these games that bypass the issue (as mentioned in the second link, although that is for the us version of the game)

Comment

lol you're gonna think 3 people have posted when it's just me!

look what else i found:

Comment

thanks billy for all the info

seems that all the games ive just brought really cheap on ebay seem to have the protection.

Heh

well at least they'll stay mint if i have to back them up and play patched versions

sometimes i think piracy is a better option than owning the originals.

Comment

You can use something like ImportPlayer to get past the protection. It's just a downloadable boot disc which lets you get past the anti-mod stuff.

Comment

Wonder how they'd fare on a dev PS1 instead...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                Wonder how they'd fare on a dev PS1 instead...
                i'd assume they'd be just fine - afaik, the games simply check to see if the boot code is still being sent even after the game has booted, and this would indicate the presence of the chip. a dev machine probably won't do this as it is designed to work with all region games anyway

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq
                  i'd assume they'd be just fine - afaik, the games simply check to see if the boot code is still being sent even after the game has booted, and this would indicate the presence of the chip. a dev machine probably won't do this as it is designed to work with all region games anyway
                  i tested JP omega boost on my green DevStation and it ran just fine...

Comment

there ya go

Comment

in the end opted for a us ps2two

Comment

Working...
                      X