nero problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nero problems

im using nero 6 on my pc and have been having a strange problem of late. recently ive been burning dvd's no problem and then all of a sudden when ever i try to burn one this morning it stops at 2%, the burn fails and in the box it says internal target failure? i havnt changed any of the settings or installed anything new so havnt got a clue what this means or why it is happening? any ideas?

Remove and reinstall Nero, pref latest version. Defrag your HD. Seperate the Burner and source HD so that they are not on the same controller. Are you using the same discs? Id recommend Riteks myself.

Comment

Yeah im using the same disks. tried burning a disk again and it worked. tried again and it didnt. tried again, this time at 6x, and it worked so seems to be pretty random. will try the things youve suggested. cheers

Comment

I myself dont burn DVDs at any more than 4x, even if the disc says it supports more. At times I even just use 2x, I find I get more failures through doing higher speed burns than anything else.

Comment

I was having this problem a while back. Turned off the PC and unplugged it from the wall, left it like that for an hour and it went away.

I think the issue was that the drive firmware had got itself confused as to where it was in the burn process after I had a hard failure partway through a burn; letting things fully power down and the capacitors seep away reset everything back to the start.

Comment

just a quick update. been burning a few disks and theyve all been fine. so i assumed the problem has gone. then randomly if ****s up with the same problem. take the ruined disk out and have a look at the surface and thers a ****in crack in the ****er! check all the other ruined disks and they're the same! turns out that was what the problem was.

Comment

Working...
            X