International Money Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Money Order

An ebay buyer wants to use one of these to pay for an auction of mine and I've never dealt with them before.

What's the story with them? Are they safe? Will I be charged a fee when I cash it etc?

Cheers for any advice.

As far as I know there safe. My gran sends me money from time to time, she walks into her local travel agent and can do it. She hands over her British cash, tells them who it's for a password and a number. I go to my local, a Brazillian place, tell them I'm recieving a money order. They ask for my number (get from gran) show ID etc. They print out the money order - now this doesn't cost any money for me to cash with these guys which is good, but I've needed to cash the money order at other places because they haven't had enough cash to cover me! Now these other places have charged me upwards of $2 for it. Depends where you go. It costs the sender to send the money order though, don't think it's too much but that ebay buyer of your's is gonna have to stump that, sure their aware of it though.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks. Sounds like it could be a bit of a hassle, so I just told them I won't accept one.

Comment

International money order, western union or a wire transfer (but they cost around ?25 for the sender) are all pretty much the same.
        If you made the auction available to overseas buyers, how were you expaecting them to pay if they wanted to use real money?

You have nothing to loose, he is the one taking the risk.

Comment

If you made the auction available to overseas buyers, how were you expaecting them to pay if they wanted to use real money?
          If they can't/won't use Paypal then I don't want them bidding on my stuff tbh. I make that clear in all my listings.
          If there's no fees at my end then I guess it won't be a problem to make an exception in this case, but I'm reluctant of involve the bank after being charged ?24 to make a bank transfer to a German seller last month.

Comment

Working...
          X