PSP import help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP import help

If all goes to plan I should have a PSP by the weekend.

It's my first ever imported console and I need some advice.

Ive been on these forums for ageas so im up to date with goings on and ive looked through the import faq but ive got some specific questions to ask if thats ok?

1. Stepdown. I know I need one but im not sure which one.
    2. Memory stick. Would I be able to use this for any region game saves? Ive had a look at the psp thread and it dont look too good.

Many thnaks for any help.

You won't need a stepdown (the external PSU is multi-voltage; you can plug in any UK figure of eight cable like the one you got with your PS2).

You can use any Memory Stick Duo or Pro Duo, any brand (Sony or Sandisk) will work. However, if you've got a JPN gamesave, you won't be able to use it on a Western copy of the game.

Comment

Damn, im ever so sorry I forgot to say it's an americian psp not a japanese model.

Do I not need a stepdown then?

Comment

No stepdown.

The power chord is in 2 pieces. There is the male section that goes into the psp. On the other end of this is multi voltage as previously stated. Will just plug into any standard figure of 8 power chord.

Comment

I have Japanese and an American save on the same stick. There is no problem with mixing regions on them.

Comment

YEah for sure.

I think what Pacman is saying, is that a JP Game save for one game (Ridgeracers) will not load up on the US version of the same game.

But that is a given really.

Comment

Working...
            X