Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IXOS PS2 Scart Problems

Hello!

I've had a IXOS PS2 Scart for a week and the picture quality is fantastic, I'm really pleased.

The problem is there is something wrong with the connector that plugs into the AV Out. During games the screen will sometimes get a green tint to the picture or turn entirely green/blue. This is followed by getting sound from just one speaker.

I've looked at the connector an there are two gold pins which are raised higher than the others, and I was wondering if this is the cause? Should I try and force them back in line with the others or is the cable broken?

Thanks,

James

Hmm weird, my PS2 IXOS Component cable is just the same. Needs a bit of a wiggle now and again to display a proper picture. The middle pins are raised as well. Thought I had bent the pins somehow. Guess not! In the end I went back to my official Sony cable and its been fine since, and the picture is the exact same. Sorry if this was no help at all though.

Comment

Is it plugged in fully? I seem to remember reading about a similar problem a while back, turns out the connector was a tight fit and it wasn't connected fully...

Comment

Yeah, I end up wiggling the cable quite a lot in games, its quite annoying.

I thought I'd pushed the cable in as far as it would go. I really wish I was at home now so I could see if I've missed something so obvious. Ah well, only eight hours to go.

Thanks for your help...

Comment

Working...
        X