Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSC Cube Vs Freeloader: No real difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC Cube Vs Freeloader: No real difference?

Question: If I had NTSC Ikaruga for my US GameCube, would I see any differences in the game if I was to switch and play it on a PAL GameCube using freeloader?

Basically are there any speed issues, glitches or distortion associated with using the Freeloader? Or does the freeloader provide exactly the same results as an NTSC console (assuming the game is compatible with freeloader of course)?

If your not worried about future game compatibility would there be any reason to favour buying an NTSC machine over the freeloader (V1.06B)?

Thanks. Hopefully this will be this forums last Freeloader question (I'm sure you've had enough of them)

Note: I use Ikaruga only as an example. Both Freeloader and the NTSC Cube would be running on a NTSC/ PAL 60Hz compatible TV

iv still got a USA console because its just there and its obviously easier to play games on. the freeloader just pisses me off disc swapping all the time and then the game not loading or a black screen or no colours etc. thats just a few errors i have had. saying that though it works fantastically for the only game i need it for. yes its winning eleven 6. I wouldnt be able to trust the freeloader to play all my games if i didnt have a usa console. I praise datel for what they have done with the freeloader but its not consistently reliable. Heres to the freeloader 1.07b

PS i use action replay and it seems to be vastly improved on the freeloader.

Comment

Basically are there any speed issues, glitches or distortion associated with using the Freeloader?
      There is distortion with the Japanese text in the Japanese version of Ikaruga playing on a PAL or NTSC machine via freeloader.

With the NTSC-U version of Ikaruga there are no issues at all playing via the freeloader.

The screen mode will be exactly the same as it would be if you were playing Ikaruga through an NTSC-U cube.

There is the annoyance associated with having to swap the discs over every time you want to play the game, but apart from that it is fine.

On a slightly similar note however the same may not be true of the PAL version on an NTSC machine. There have already been many PAL releases which refuse to work on NTSC machines via Freeloader, and Ikaruga may well be another one of them (no proof of this as of yet though).

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

If I didnt have a PAL Cube and a bunch of cheap games I wouldn't hesitate buying a NTSC Cube. The only reason I'm considering the Freeloader or US Cube now is the rumour that IKARUGA (PAL) wont run in 60Hz.

I cant see this NOT being an issue with a twitch based shooter. So as I wait for some feedback on the PAL Ikaruga (I live in Australia and its release here was canned) I'm tossing up between US Ikaruga with Freeloader or a USA Cube.

But US Ikaruga thru freeloader runs EXACTLY like it does on an NTSC Cube... right?

Comment

Dunno about US Ikaruga, but Jap Ikaruga works same on PAL+FL and switched Jap Cube - except the Jap text isn't supported so you get funny symbols.

Comment

Working...
          X