PS2/DVD questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2/DVD questions

I have this DVD movie that I wanted to watch, and it's a US (ntsc) film.......now, I put it in my NTSC US ps2 and it worked fine except it was black and white (which relates to the fact I need a new cable) but also the sound was dodgy, I had to turn it fully up to hear it but that gives a distinctly annoying buzz. Any suggestions on that?

Then, I tried to play it in my PAL ps2 and it didn't work.....fair enuf. I gave it a shot in my brothers PAL ps2 and it worked tho? Any insight as to why that might be the case?

Also, forgive the newbieness, but what settings should I be looking at w/ regards to optical ON/OFF and RGB or that other weird setting (for both US and PAL systems).........thanks!!

Wouldn't neccesarily mean you need a new cable. Just that your TV can't do that certain type of NTSC. Not quite sure what was up with the sound though :/

What cables are you using at the moment?
    I'm assuming either composite AV or s-video, since by using RGB the screen would be green for DVD's

Also, i'm quite unsure of that anomaly where the DVD doesn't work on your PS2, but does on someone elses

As for the other setting other than RGB - that would be for componant cables. Don't worry about.
    Again, dont worry about optical, unless you're using it for Dolby surround, or recording stuff on your MiniDisc. Otherwise i turn it off.

Comment

ATM i'm just using what I believe to be standard composite PS2 cable that was provided with it.......I have this waiting to come: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I also have no idea about why it worked on his.......admittedly my PAL ps2 had some issues with reading other game discs but eventually worked.....they all work fine on my brothers system.

Comment

Working...
      X