Universal DC loading problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal DC loading problems

My Universal DC seems to have completly stopped loading games. I've taken the top off and turned it on without the top on and held back the small switch behind the laser to make it think the lid is down, this makes the disc spin but not the laser head itself just won't move.

I have some spare PAL DCs hanging round, will I need to swap the GD drive over if so HOW!?
    Cheers for any help!
    Last edited by Jet Set UNITED; 26-04-2005, 13:09.

Yeah looks like a swap over, had to swap mine over a coupla times. Fairly easy process..good luck
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

What is a universal DC?

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance
        What is a universal DC?
        A Dreamcast modified to play games from all regions.

Comment

You might as well just use one of the PAL DC's and load games with a boot disc.

Comment

Just swapped over the Gd Rom from my PAL console... and hey presto its working! Wasnt as painful a process as I thought it would be. Cheers for putting my mind at ease tho!

Comment

I need to do something about my drive too. It is fooked. How much are Universal DCs?

Comment

Originally posted by Resonance
                How much are Universal DCs?
                lik-sang have them for $80

It looks pretty easy to fit one of the 4 wire region lock-out chips, but finding anywhere that sells then at a reasonable price may not be.
                dreammodchip.com are the only people I have found that appear to still be selling them, and they are asking ?20, which seems a little steep...

guess there isn't enough demand anymore to keep the prices down.

hth,
                gd

Comment

Working...
                X