Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASP/SQL problem

Hi guys,

I've got a problem here which is slowly saping the energy out of me, wonder if you can help.

I have a web application written in classic ASP which returns and displays datasets generated by SQL Server 2000. On one machine the web application is pointing to one database, on another machine it's pointing to a different database on the same SQL Server as the first.

The problem is, one instance displays dates (as we require) in British format and the other in US, but all the users, databases etc are set to british. The SQL Server driver is the same on both machines.

any ideas would be very much appreciated...

ta

So the date/time/regional settings are definitely set correctly on the machine in question?

Comment

yes....

Comment

How are the 2 users viewing the ASP? Have they the same browser and version?

Comment

What version of OS are the web servers running?

The web servers are where the regional settings are different. If it's Win2K Server, take a look at the regional settings dialog. At the bottom of the first tab/page there will be button for locale settings (I'm pretty certain - not used Win2K for a while and it's changed now).

That setting is often different. Check it - I'm guessing it will be US.

Comment

Why not split the date elements out in the returning stored procedure by using the DAY MONTH YEAR functions

Comment

If you just want the dates out of SQL as strings you could just use the convert() function with the optional third parameter that allows you to specify the date format to use. Or is it cast(). I forget. But if you look them up in Transact SQL help they're both covered in the same entry.

Comment

By altering the format in SQL, you are just masking the symptoms rather than finding a cure.

The web server thinks it's in the US. That's my guess.

Comment

Sorry guys, forgot about this thread, it's all sorted now cheers

Comment

So, what was the outcome?

Comment

Working...
                    X