Fixing UMD discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixing UMD discs

All my Jap PSP titles are splitting in half. What's the safest way to fix them?

Um, please tell me you are literally throwing these UMDs around, and it's not just inevitable with time!

Comment

Splitting in half? Seriously? In what way?

Comment

Bit vague/sensationalist there and first I've heard of anybody having a problem like that !!

Comment

I remember reading a few tale of someones wife popping open the UMD casing and putting just the disc inside the PSP o_O

They certainly aren't the sturdiest things around. I treat mine with kid gloves, and I'd recommended everyone else do the same!

Comment

I've had the same issue with my US Ridge Racer, a tiny crack on one side of the disc...

I only noticed as when I switched from Lumines back to RR the umd disc option did not appear. I noticed that the disc was not flush with the white/cream holding, after very careful prompting i managed to pop it back in. The game is playing fine again now. (Still on EX tour, I have too many games for it already!!)

The games and machine were kept in the Aero case too

There were in a backpack and other items may have knocked against it..

Comment

Working...
            X