Datel SNES Pro Universal Adaptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datel SNES Pro Universal Adaptor

I've just picked up one of these at a second hand store and was wondering if anyone has any experience in using them?

Before we go any further I know I should just get myself an NTSC SNES or Famicom, but for $5 (Australian) I couldn't resist, even more so as I have a Japanese copy of Pilotwings i ended up getting from a moody fleabay auction.

Should I use PAL carts which do NOT have battery backup? (like I do with my N64 Passport Plus)

Can I get codes off the net? I've had a look at codejunkies but they don't seem to support it any more

My main question is how good an import adaptor is it? will it work wth Super Mario RPG (I suspect not but I live in hope)

Thanks for any help you might be able to provde...
    I've had a google but can't seem to find much info regarding this cart.

The Action Replay is a decent import adaptor. I remember having a later Universal Adaptor Pro with the wide cartridge slot to support Starfox, but I'm not sure if an Action Reply equivalent was released (I would have thought so).

I can remember that there were specific codes to get around the software protection in some games, but I imagine you may still have problems with games like Super Mario RPG. I don't know where you'd find those codes now.

As you say, these days getting an import machine cheap second hand is the easiest and cheapest solution most of the time.

and yeah, you should try and use a key cartridge that doesn't have battery backup, as all of these import adaptors had a habit of blasting battery backup saves from time to time.

Comment

cheers, you've confirmed pretty much what I knew, my copy of pilotwings works now at least My copy of Super SWIV works as a boot cart.

Does anyone have any links to more info compatible games etc??

Comment

Working...
      X