best psx arcade stick set up and size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best psx arcade stick set up and size

what would you say your favourite set up for an psx arcade stick for all games on all formats using a convertors and size of stick base because i am going to make an arcade stick using a dualshock and i need to know a good alround set up and also what size is most comfortable
    i have no idea having never own an arcade stick before so any help would be very useful

I "made" an arcade stick out of some pieces of paper with the queens head on.

Why bother trying to build one yourself when there are some great arcade sticks available for the PS/PS2?

Comment

i need to make one because all the good sticks aren't compatiable with the convertors for other consoles otherwise i would quite happily buy a good japanese stick

Comment

You probably can't go too far wrong if you use a layout similar to this one:

It's a good idea to use a PSX layout because it accomodates both main button layouts - the Street Fighter style of 2 rows of buttons, and the Neo Geo layout of 4 buttons in a single row.

I'd also lay the buttons out in an arc, rather than having them in a straight line which seems uncomfortable to me.

It's a good idea to use a fairly large base - the deeper ones feel more solid, and ones with a larger surface area are more stable during heated moments

Comment

Originally posted by Yod@
          You probably can't go too far wrong if you use a layout similar to this one:

Who ever said Americans don't know what makes a good joystick?

Originally posted by www.ncsxshop.com
          Generally, NCS disfavors clicky sticks but given the reluctance of ASCII to product the FT2 for the Xbox, the Hori controller will have to do for now. Overall, the quality is good with a sturdy base and solid construction quality but we would have preferred a more tactile response from the somewhat mushy buttons and a quieter (non-clicky)
          Chatting about the Hori Fighting Stick EX

Comment

Originally posted by iamlost_
            what would you say your favourite set up for an psx arcade stick for all games on all formats using a convertors and size of stick base because i am going to make an arcade stick using a dualshock and i need to know a good alround set up and also what size is most comfortable
            i have no idea having never own an arcade stick before so any help would be very useful
            If you are really interested in making an arcade stick then this is the guy to emulate: http://members.cox.net/ctwentytwo/jo...lder/index.htm
            He's sticks are better than hori sticks and I will be hopefully buying a custom made one once I get some cash...

Comment

Working...
            X