Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rgb 60hz problems!!!

hi.

i finally got a rgb lead for my ps2, but 60hz is still in black & white!

the screen is still, b&w and heavily pixilated on both my tv's.

ive changed the menu setting to rgb on my ps2, so is it my tv's?

cheers
    butch.

Are you getting a stable picture in black and white? Provided there's a stable picture your TV at least supports some form of 60Hz. If not you'll need a new TV for 60Hz goodness.

Provided that your TV does support 60Hz I'm guessing the problem is one of two things. Either your TV doesn't support RGB Scart or the RGB Scart cable has been wired incorrectly. The former is the most likely and hence again you'll need a new TV for 60Hz goodness.

Comment

yeah, its stable but pixilated.

man this is pissing me off, ive got about 10 ntsc games coming through the post, damn it!

Comment

if this is any help.....

dreamcast plays though rgb scart lead (vampire chronicles doesnt though)
        gamecube plays at pal60 via scart

Comment

If that's the case it may be the cable, because as far as I recall (I may be wrong mind) the DC RGB Scart cable doesn't give a picture unless it's plugged into an RGB Scart socket.

Comment

I had a similar prob a while back with teh Neo....
            Whilst the tv wouldn't have 60hz colour scart it did with the CORRECT RGB cable? Same with my Saturn?

What make & model is the tv?

Comment

its a bush 25" tv (bought 2002)

+

a orion 14" tv (around 10 yrs old)
              Last edited by butchcvc; 04-05-2005, 15:16.

Comment

Righty, are you plugging it directly into the TV or via a switching box? One way I overcame the colour issue was to go via a box with a RGB button & linked that to the TV with a proper bo golden RGB scart lead!

Does the tv run region 1 dvd's in colour? Or do you not have a seperate DVD player?

Comment

There's no such thing as NTSC and PAL in RGB land.

If your tv is giving you a RGB picture from your DC (Vampire Chronicle doesn't support RGB) and with your GC, it's your PS2 scart cable being naff.

Comment

hey hold on my newer tv has no probs & is a Bush could even be 25"
                    I am using one of the swiching boxes due to the amount of inputs tho
                    I have run the following on this: Saturn Jap & UK RGB, GC RGB, PS1 & PS2 RGB, MVS RGB, DC RGB, SFC & SNES RGB, Xbox RGB!

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                      There's no such thing as NTSC and PAL in RGB land.

If your tv is giving you a RGB picture from your DC (Vampire Chronicle doesn't support RGB) and with your GC, it's your PS2 scart cable being naff.
                      Scart & RGB Scart is what I think he was meaning

Comment

its just the lead straight to the tv's

the lead is a cheap venom gold plated rgb lead

all region 1 dvd play fine through the tv.

im gonna lend the ps2 with lead to a friend tonight, to see if its the lead.

im quite poor (25 year old paperboy ) so buying a new tv will kill me! (esspecially since i wont accept anything under a 21" lcd)

Comment

Get this:

If you still are getting b&w, then the TV has problems! I've got this cable and it's the best. Has a switch on it to toggle between RGB (for games) and composite (for DVDs).

Which brings a point... does your cable have a switch on it too?
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

thanks for all the replys!

the lead doesnt have a switch

it has 20 pins. whats the difference between 20 and 21?

this is a direct link to the actual lead......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

"all region 1 dvd play fine through the tv"
                              In RGB? If so, then your cable is sucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X